- Title: Labour Markets Performance and Migration Flows in Arab Mediterranean Countries: Determinants and Effects Volume 3 National Background Papers Mashreq (Egypt, Palestine, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria)
- Author(s) / Editor(s): Jackline Wahba (Author), Mustafa Khawaja (Author), Mohammad Omari (Author), Ibrahim Saif (Author), Thoraya El-Rayyes (Author), Jad Chaaban (Author), Samir Aita (Author), Philippe Fargues (Editor), Iván Martín (Editor).
- Publisher: Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies – European Union
- Year: 2010
- ISBN-13: 978-9279159862
- Language: English
- Pages: 255
- Size / Format: 4,0 mb / pdf
- Link: www.link.com
- Password: falastinpress
Description: The objectives of the Study are two-fold:
- to analyze the key labour market determinants of migration flows from selected Arab Mediterranean Countries (Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia and the Occupied Palestinian Territories), with a particular emphasis on demographic pressures, wage differentials and relative income disparities with the EU, employment policies, labour market flexibility and unemployment rates; this analysis includes the impact of migration on Arab Mediterranean Countries (AMCs) labour markets;
- to propose a series of specific recommendations to improve the design of EU’s migration policies towards AMCs and policy options available to them for the management of mismatches between labour supply and demand.